- Endeavour to praise effort and performance more than the result.
- Praise good behavior, play and ability quickly to show that you value it.
- Encourage and support confident, creative play as well as any instructions issued by the coach to a player or team.
- Assist the coach with discipline when concerning your child.
- Help your child to understand the rules and how to play by them.
- If there is any uncertainty on any rules please consult the coach, team manager or club officials who will assist you to fully understand any rules.
- Parents are responsible for making adequate arrangements when dropping and collecting players for practice and matches
- Show respect for the opposition as well as your own team – applaud both for good play.
- Refrain from any verbal or physical abuse of or towards the match officials and the opposition players, parents and coaches.
- STAY OFF THE PITCH – during games and practices. (No Parent, supporter or spectator is allowed behind the goals and on the side of the coaches) you may support from a minimum 2m from the allowed touchline side or at a specified area instructed by any club. If any negative comments are directed towards any player, coaches or officials from either team, it will result in you being asked to retreat to a safe zone or removed from the grounds altogether.
- Do not coach from the side-lines or Instruct, shout at players at any time during a game or training. Mistakes are part of the game and up-to the coach to rectify. (any concerns to please be addressed in writing to the club or your team manager)
- Do not criticize the coach verbally during games or on social media groups – rather speak to him/her directly after a game or put any concerns or ideas in writing to your team manager who will assist to convey your thoughts.
- Enjoy watching the game regardless of the result and always acknowledge the positive over the negative. (any concerns or suggestions must be raised after the game to the club or team manager)
- Support your club whenever possible.
- Help players to arrive on time for all practices and games. (it is standard to
start a warm up at least 30minutes before the kick off, so don’t arrive at this
time, please arrive prior to be able to start the warm up on time)
- Abide by the decisions of the coach and team manager concerning any
football tactics and decisions.
- Help maintain and improve the club and its facilities.
- Make sure all fees and obligations are up to date.
- Refrain from posting any personal concerns, thoughts or ideas regarding the
coaches, officials, players and the club on any social media platform. Any
thoughts or comments are to be addressed directly to your team manager or
club management in private.
- Be the best Dainfern Lion FC supporter you can be.
- If you or anyone in your family is registered with and playing for the club then
it remains your responsibility to be aware of, understand and share this code
of conduct with your family, friends, child and anyone watching and supporting
your child or the club.
- Parents permit the Dainfern Lions Football Club to publish cellphone pics that
may include your child on the Dainfern Lions Facebook Page from time to
Failure to adhere to the above COC may lead to further action taken by the Chairman which may result in a banning and/or player expulsion.
Dainfern Lions Football Club